Talk to the Hand: Making Your App Accessible with VoiceOver
by Adam May and Sam Kirchmeier
| at MinneBar 12
11:15 – 12:05
Join us for our third co-presented session on iOS development at Minnebar!
This year, we'd like to share a few things we've learned over the years about VoiceOver. We'll take stock of the accessibility features available on iOS, introduce VoiceOver, and demonstrate some techniques you can use to add VoiceOver support to your own apps.
With any luck, we'll cover the following:
- An overview of the many accessibility features of iOS
- VoiceOver notifications and how to use them
- VoiceOver audio queues and user context
- Basic VoiceOver support via UIAccessibility and related protocols
- Advanced VoiceOver support for custom controls
- Tools to help you develop and debug accessibility in your apps
I'm a software developer at Livefront who enjoys learning and exploring mobile technology.
Director of Technology at Livefront