Log in | Forgot Password?
Oh, Erik? That guy's such a nerd.
A bit of history:
- 80's: Broke the family's Vic20 by failing to read instructions when installing tape deck. Tore down and rebuilt whatever electronics I could find.
- Early 90's: Dialed BBSes and learned hex editing from Fravia's Pages. Failed to build a blue box before POTS went digital.
- Late 90's: Made awful Geocities websites. Overclocked all the things. Posted prolifically on Ars Technica's forums.
- Early 00's: Dropped out college to set up Linux servers. Helped run Tampa's largest LAN party. Made less awful websites with PHP/MySQL.
- Late 00's: Moved to MN. Learned CSS, for real this time. Got laid off then abandoned the tech world and started a photo business.
- Early 10's: Made thousands of photos for many clients. Was lured back into tech world by Code42. Started getting serious about coding.
- bash scripting for log analysis, fun and profit
- Regular expressions to actually make life easier (what?!)
- PgSQL queries for data analysis
- CSS / HTML / making websites kinda neat looking
- Using git to keep track of projects and stuff I'd otherwise forget
- Modern web front-end design fundamentals
- Using XML and REST APIs for fun and profit
Ask me about:
- Space exploration
- Virtual space exploration in Eve Online
- Open source development of Eve Online related XML/REST API tools
This person isn't presenting any sessions.